Well, after almost a year without blogging, I am going to try again :) I still love being able to look back through all of my old posts and laugh and remember all the fun things we've done. The start of this school year marks several new beginnings for us...new house, back home for school, 4 kids in school now...even a new look on the blog! How about that!?!
We decided to homeschool again. We wanted to give Childress schools a try when we moved back home because our community is blessed with great schools and great teachers. We all committed to 1 year, and told the kids we would talk again after that. When summer came, we had some really unique opportunities to visit with each of the kids one on one to discuss their concerns and preferences. Each one of them wanted to come back home...no hesitation from anyone! Let me tell you...it was music to my ears! I've had several people tell me I am crazy...and yes, I am...but not for having my kids at home! That part is truly a blessing!
We prayed about it all together and asked them to do so individually, so that they were comfortable with their decision. We had a few really neat experiences there too. I am excited to have them all back with me! This past week was our first week back at it...and we survived!! I love to experience their progress right along with them. I have some amazing kiddos!
Well, what's school without a school picture, right?!? We decided to test my photography skills out this week, just to see what we came up with. I must say...given that I used my phone...and that it was 100 degrees outside...they turned out pretty cute!
I love them!
They are all growing up too fast!!
Kaywen is in Jr. High now! Can you believe it? She will be going into Young Women in a few months!! Yikes. She is currently practicing to be in a play that our local theater company will put on in October, called Annie Get Your Gun. She is loving every minute of it. Being totally dramatic is right up her alley! Kaywen is still quite the book worm and her favorite thing to do is ride horses.
Rykin is in the 4th grade this year. He has more energy than any one person should be allowed to have, but we're working on trying to direct it properly! He loves playing the piano. Football just started up this week...he plays in the older league this year! Fun, fun. He loves sports and just has a natural talent for them. It's fun to watch him succeed. Rykin's favorite person in the world is his daddy.
Braydon is in the 2nd grade this year. He is his very own little person in every way. He is blessed with a big heart...and even at such a young age, can see things in other people and treat them accordingly. He is my one that will sit and be perfectly content in his own little world all day. He loves to figure out how things work. He loves legos, running and engineering books. He reads Christopher's college text books for fun!!
Afton is in kindergarten. He is so eager to learn...I can't wait to watch as he figures it all out. He is a big helper around the house. He loves, loves, loves all things computer oriented. He thinks he's a comedian, and really cracks himself up sometimes. He does a pretty awesome 'robot' and can stand on his head for ridiculous amounts of time!?! And he loves dogs...especially ours.
Garron...well...Garron keeps us all on our toes. He is also full of energy and is super silly. He loves music...he sings and dances and even loves to lead music. He is as mean as he can be and has no hesitation when it comes to setting the big kids straight! He loves chocolate milk and has a weird infatuation with elephants! And I must mention that I am without diapers in my house for the first time in almost 12 years! Oh happy day!!!
I am so excited that you are back blogging!!! We've missed you! And I love the pictures! Your kids are so cute!
ReplyDelete