Friday, May 4, 2012

Moooooo!

Richie called us one Saturday morning to inform us all that he had decided we were making a visit to the ranch.  So, off we went for some "face time" with his cows!  It is quite a trek out to where he keeps them, so we were in the car for about 30 minutes or so!  The drive was fun...it had lots of ups and downs...the kind of bends in the road that make your stomach turn, so the kids loved that!  And there were wild-flowers of all colors lining the sides of the road...I enjoyed that!
 Me and the cows!  Way too close for comfort!  Papa got his laughs for the day when the ones to my left circled around and snoted all over me from the side while I was taking pictures!  He could have warned me, but noooooooo...he thought that was too much of a laugh to miss out on!  So yes, it got me, and I squealed! Yuck!  And the smell....nasty!  That's why I always stayed in the truck when I was younger!

Garron on the other had...had no fear!
 Hey look mom...there are some giant animals over there!

 I think I should go closer and check it out!

 I got them a treat...what are they waiting on?

 There we go...finally made a friend!
Garron, no problem...me total mess...trying to let him explore without total panic...cows are big!

 All of the other kids needed some help...Here's Afton holding on tight to Daddy!

 Braydon...frozen along side of Richie!

 Kaywen getting brave...along side the safety ranks!

 Richie and his kiddos...all but Garron...there were cows to be fed...he had no time for pictures!

 Garron, Richie and Malia

 Off to picnic...here's Rykin...at the place Richie named "Rykin's Point"...he had to show off his piece of land!
 My little Mountain Men!

 We set up a little camp...right under "Rykin's Point"...had a picnic and just played all afternoon!  It was so hot...and there was no shade! Ug!

 Tiny little shadow at the back of the suburban...everyone tried to fit in it!

 Kaywen and one of her favorite people!

 Papa...what can I say?!? Papa was on  a role that day.  He had lots of fun with his grandkids!  He went off wandering around for a while and brought back all kinds of treasures to show to the kids!

 The kids decided a little treasure hunt of their own sounded like fun...they found an entire dead cow and decided to bring it back to camp!  Afton and his "find!"

 Papa decided they should put it back together...here, he's adding the "tail" on!  That is one giant cow tail!!  He named his creation, Sister Bones, and even went so far as to tell the kids that if they did a little chant, she might come back to life!?!  When he was all done...Tesema said, "Papa, that doesn't look much like a cow to me!"

Rykin and his Nanny trying to find some shade...and food!

 Richie decided he would take a nap!

 He raised up and shouted, "I need a pillow!''  To which Papa responded very promptely!  He's got his solution to the problem hidden behind his back!  I'm tellin' ya...he thought he was funny that day!

Petrified Cow Poo!  There ya go Richie!

Richie got comfortable and then Malia decided that his belly looked like a great place to sit!

 Garron and Malia got stuck in the Barbie Jeep (of course the Barbie Jeep came too)...Papa drug them off of their dirt pile with his cane!

 Garron blowing some bubbles before we left!

Garron...five minutes later!  Totally worn out!

1 comment:

  1. Good ol Texas fun! can't wait to be back in the "Lone Star State"! The kids are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete