Yee-Haw!
We got to go home for a long weekend over the 4th of July! And man, did we do a lot of stuff! We had so much fun! Everyone cried when it was time to leave (including me)...so sad...we really do miss being in Childress with all of our family! I was super excited when we moved to Lubbock because of all of the 'stuff' that there is to do! I have now realized that kids...my kids, anyway just need space! We can go and do until we can't see straight...but give them space and dirt...and they are as happy as can be. They were so happy they didn't fight...it was lovely! (And grandma cooks! What more could you want?)
We had a great time!
We had a great time!
We played in the Perkins' Pool! Super Fun!
Garron had his first corn-dog! Ate the entire thing too!
We had a major fishing event at Papa's house! What a backyard huh?!?!
It's beautiful...and the kids were occupied forever! It's these kind of activities that I am extra glad that the men are around to take care of everything. Thank goodness for Papa, Lehi, Billy and our daddy of course! I have no desire to play with fish!
It's beautiful...and the kids were occupied forever! It's these kind of activities that I am extra glad that the men are around to take care of everything. Thank goodness for Papa, Lehi, Billy and our daddy of course! I have no desire to play with fish!
Braydon turned 5! It's not a birthday unless it's at Grandma's house!
He loved every minute of it!
He loved every minute of it!
He ordered orange Rice Krispies and Rocky Road ice cream!
Nanny lovin' some Garron. He was so tired!
My parents are in the process of building a house. Their house and their barn are actually going to be all connected...and right now it is one huge concrete slab. They invited us all out there to go play one evening. The kids took their bikes, cars, and skates...and had a blast!
The "OLDER" men in my life! Both making their statement in the khaki world!
Gotta love them!
Gotta love them!
Kaywen took her roller blades! She's pretty good...as long as she doesn't have to stop!
Lehi taking Garron for a spin!
Afton and Malia trying to make this work!
Grandpa took everyone for rides on the 4-wheeler...even me! Man does that bring back some memories. I spent the better part of my childhood on one of those things. I would follow my dad all day while he was on the tractor. He took my muffler off so he could always hear where I was! I loved every minute of it...and so did my kids!
Lehi and Billy decided they needed a turn!
Sweet babies! Malia and Garron getting a ride (these two are a day apart)
...Garron almost didn't leave her room to sit!
...Garron almost didn't leave her room to sit!
Once again...I always catch Kaywen in the 'zone'
Reading on the lawnmower!
Reading upside down!
We had to go to the park. The Childress park is the greatest! This was actually the 4th of July...and it was so nice. It was overcast and half way pleasant outside! Yea!
My sweet baby playing in the wood chips! My grand-dad still remembers that slide in the background from when he was young!
And of course...we had to have some strawberry milkshakes from the 'Bobcat Den'!
We really had lots of fun. Childress operates at a much slower pace than the rest of the world...and I mean that in a good way! I had time to breathe...and I've been needing that. Maybe it's because I have so much help :) There's definitely never a dull moment in our household...and when you throw the rest of both of our crazy families in...it's something else! Whoo-hoo! We already can't wait to go back!
Wow! Ya'll really did stay super busy in Childress and have a blast! I'm so sad we missed it all but am really looking forward to family craziness in St. George. Glad I could share in all the fun through the pics-thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys! everytime you all get together me and nephi talk about how much we wish we could be there! maybe some day we will all live close to each other!
ReplyDelete