Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our Newest Addition



Garron James Tipa
7lbs 13oz
June 26, 2010

Our sweet baby is perfect. He is little just like Afton was. They are starting a new trend! And he has light hair! That sure wasn't expected! He is a fussy baby so far, mostly at night...figured out last night that running water will calm him down. Go figure! We are so glad to finally be home.

Garron is the name that we chose. James names him after his grandpa Richie.

We couldn't have done it without all of our grandparents! My family stayed with the kids while we were in the hospital and now we've decided to send them off to Childress for a while with Grandma Tipa and Richie...they said they're going on vacation without me! I am really not supposed to move or do anything because of the mess of stuff that occured at the hospital and Christopher has finals this week. I am so grateful for all of the people who have been willing to help us through all of this!!

What an ordeal to bring a baby into the world! As usual! We went in Thursday night to start induction and he wasn't born until Saturday morning! Ug! We got to stay in the hospital way longer than intended. I developed a whole new dislike for residents in a medical facility (dislike is putting it as mildly as I can!) I know that there that have got to be some of them that are good at what they do, but as for the ones I came in counter with...they should quit.

I started out getting stabbed too many times trying to get the IV in because the poor little girl trying to do it obviously didn't know what she was doing, which is of no comfort to me because I do not like needles! Minor issue, but still. When it came time for the epidural...they let a resident try first...and well he couldn't get it and he ended up doing a spinal tap in the process which caused problems later. I got a terrible headache, lost hearing and vision, and couldn't move my neck. Turns out to be because of the hole they poked with the epidural that they shouldn't have. This caused cerebral spinal fluid to leak out into my body. They told me I could wait it out for who knew how long to heal itself and be on bed rest until I was better or I could get a blood patch that would more than likely fix it immediately. Which means that they had to go back in like an epidural and seal the hole with my own blood. As much as I cried and didn't not want to go through all of that again, I knew I couldn't come home to a houseful of kids in the condition that I was in, so I agreed to get the blood patch...which did work by the way, but what a horrible thing it was! The anesthesiologist was in back of me and a resident was in front, both working at the same time to supposedly minimize the pain. HA! The doctor had to try three times to get where he needed to be (that's now 5 times total in the back) and the idiot resident stuck me around 20 some odd times just trying to draw blood! I felt like a human pin cushion...literally. And obviously, I am not the toughest of all people! So I was getting stabbed in every direction and being told to be still all at the same time...and they were all in the way and Christopher couldn't get to me to help me stay calm and so I basically went nuts before it was all said and done...honestly thought I might die!! But I survived...most importantly we have a brand new healthy baby boy to add to our chaos!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you had to go through so much, but I'm so glad y'all now have a healthy new baby boy!! :) You're such a wonderful woman Mandi whom I love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are suprewoman!! I am terrified of needles and 1 poke is about all I can handle!! This must be one special little guy to go through all that! You are tough, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete